Take advantage of what Houston has to offer and enjoy special events for 713 Day on Wednesday, July 13, 2022.
Every summer, Houston has the opportunity to celebrate July 13 (or July 13) as a tribute to its vast area code.
The Cité de l’Espace offers plenty for those looking to immerse themselves in its history, culture and mouth-watering cuisine, not to mention the special events organized for this unofficial holiday.
We’ve rounded up some of the best things to do this year for your 713 Day celebrations:
Things to do on 713 Day in Houston
Wednesday, July 13, 2022
- 713 Spanish Village Day – Locals are encouraged to celebrate 713 Day by visiting one of Houston’s former restaurants, Spanish Village. As it approaches its 70th anniversary next year, the historic Third Ward institution will celebrate the day with a $7.13 plate of its fan-favorite El Clasico enchiladas. 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- SBG 713 Day at the Social Beer Garden | No coverage – The Midtown beer garden serves up signature Purple Drank with CBD-infused gummies, and DJ Mike Z will spin H-Town rap all day, featuring songs from Paul Wall, DJ Screw, Mike Jones, Slim Thug and more. 2 p.m. to 2 a.m. (Happy Hour until 7 p.m.).
- 713 Day with Lil’ Flip at Bottled Blonde | No coverage – On Washington Ave, you can celebrate 713 Day with Suckafree Records artist Lil’ Flip, Houston rap hits from DJ Dolo, Happy Hour specials until 7 p.m., and Steak Night to follow. 3 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- 713 Day at the Ion | FREE – Join the G-Unity Business Lab team to learn more about their partnership with HISD at the Ion prototyping lab, then enjoy a networking happy hour with local beers, bites and beats from DJ Gracie Chavez. 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- 25th Anniversary Celebration of 713 Pop-Up at Mambo Seafood | FREE – Houston artist Donkeeboy joins Mambo Seafood at Hillcroft & Bellaire for a 713 Day pop-up that features a drop in artist merchandise, prizes and a special Mambo Chelada to wrap up their 25th anniversary celebration. 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Houston Celebration Day with J Dawg at Rise Rooftop – One of H-Town’s Boss Hogg Outlaws, J Dawg hits the Midtown rooftop for a Houston celebration, along with fellow rappers and friends like Justified, J King, Alonzo Cartier and more. $10. 6 p.m. to midnight.
- Lil Keke 7-Thirteen Days Social and Book Signing at Thirteen | FREE with RSVP – From the Screwed Up Click, Lil Keke releases his new book, LGND TLK Vol. 1: The fastest way to a fresh start, with an exclusive signing and social event at James Harden’s Thirteen Restaurant on Bagby. Free with registration. 7 p.m.
- Texas Tea Party at Primary Paint Party – Westchase Paint Gallery throws a retro paint party in Houston, setting the mood with an H-Town playlist and a variety of Texas Tea to sip. $35. 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- The Houston Appreciation Show at Sanman Studios – Just north of downtown, these studios are putting on an appreciation show for H-Town, featuring art from around town, Houston-inspired installations, and a culinary twist to get the party started. $35 and up. 8 p.m.
- 713 Day Mixology Course at Fainmous BBQ – In Houston’s Arts District, you can celebrate H-Town with bar bites from Fainmous BBQ, a tasting of the 2022 Houston Margarita Festival-winning marg’, plus a lesson in how to make two cocktails; the Space City Sour and the Bayou Water. $50 and up. 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.