Editor’s Note: A lot has happened this week, so here’s your chance to catch up. Read on for the most popular headlines of the week.
1. 2 prestigious Dallas high schools rank among the best in Texas for 2021. Two Dallas schools lead their class among public and private high schools in Texas. New rankings from the Niche education website place the School for Talented and Gifted Dallas ISD at No.1 among public high schools in the state and St. Mark’s School in Texas at No.1 among high schools private sector.
2. These Dallas restaurants all serve Hawaii-style frozen Dole Whip. Dallas has seen a surge in Hawaiian food over the past few years, starting with the poke trend in 2018 and more recently with Hawaiian-themed restaurants specializing in comforting âplate lunchesâ with rice and meat. All this Hawaiian infusion gives us a little extra sweetness: the frozen treat commonly known as Dole Whip.
3. The nature-filled suburb of Dallas is flourishing as Money’s # 4 best place to live in 2021. Dallas suburb of Flower Mound has a flourishing reputation. Money magazine awards Flower Mound fourth on its new list of the 50 Best Places to Live in the United States. Only one other DFW community appears on the list: # 19 Frisco.
4. The 50s home for sale in South Dallas has some big surprises inside. There’s a 50’s house for sale in the far south of Dallas with all kinds of extravagant action inside. The house is located at 5125 Mystic Tr., On I-35 near the intersection of Loop 12. From the front it looks like any other perfect vintage house from the 50s / 60s: immaculate unpainted brick with metallic treatments with diamond patterns on the stained glass windows and at the entrance which are prototypical of the time.
5. Dallas Police are looking for suspicious ID in bank account fraud against an elderly lady. The Dallas Police Department has requested assistance in identifying someone who may be involved in the exploitation of a senior citizen. The crime took place on August 18 at around 12:30 p.m. when the person of interest went to 5981 Arapaho Rd. And obtained $ 13,500 in cash from an elderly woman who was scammed into a bank account .