Editor’s Note: A lot has happened this week, so here’s your chance to catch up. Read on for the most popular headlines of the week.
1. The Croatian Chicken and Chips chain is surfing the United States with its Dallas debut. A new concept specializing in one of nature’s most perfect foods arrives in Dallas, a land far away. Called Surfin ‘Chicken, it is a fast food restaurant chain founded in Croatia of all locations, and it debuts in the United States in Dallas-Fort Worth, where it will bring its creative and innovative approach to the standard fries.
2. Marco’s and My Family’s Pizza’s favorite Dallas pizza place is back. A pizzeria beloved by old-school Dallas locals is making a comeback with a new name. Called Pizza Gianna, it comes from the family that brought us Marco’s Pizza and My Family’s Pizza, and opened on October 20 at 5219 W Lovers Ln.
3. Mary Kay, based in Dallas, files a complaint against a former assistant who wrote a book. A former employee of Dallas-based Mary Kay Inc. wrote a book the cosmetics company is trying to block. Jennifer Bickel Cook, Mary Kay Ash’s longtime assistant, has written a book called Pass It On: What I Learned From Mary Kay Ash, which was published on October 5 by Brown Books Publishing Group. In response, Mary Kay filed a lawsuit with a series of allegations against Cook and a request that the book be no longer sold.
4. A delicious concept of Canadian pancakes opens its first Texas store in Frisco. A new pancake is coming to town, tucked inside the Stonebriar Center in Frisco: called Crepe Delicious, it will serve pancakes, both sweet and savory, made to order. According to a spokesperson for the mall, it is slated to open in the coming weeks, in the center of the mall near Nordstrom, right next to Clean Origin, the jewelry store.
5. 3 Dallas-Fort Worth neighbors take home honors as America’s Best Places to Live. A new ranking from Livability, whose research generates lists of the best places to live, work and visit, places Plano 17th out of the 100 nicest small and medium-sized towns in the country. It is the highest ranked city in Texas. Joining Plano in the top 100 are McKinney (No. 60) and Richardson (No. 66). These are the only cities in Texas to make the top 100.