NFL Hall of Famer Fox Broadcaster and former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman will appear in San Antonio this week to promote Eight, his new 90-calorie light beer.
Named after Aikman’s iconic jersey number, the lager contains organic grain and antioxidant-rich Hallertau Taurus hops. According to the launch announcement, the three-time Super Bowl winner developed the brew as an option for health-conscious drinkers.
Eight is now on tap in San Antonio bars and restaurants, and available in cans at grocery stores and liquor stores. To celebrate the launch, Aikman himself will appear at several area bars to pour pints.
According to brewery representatives, Cowboys fans can find Aikman on Thursday, February 24 at:
- New Beer Depot, 1304 S. Laredo St., 5-6 p.m.
- R&J Saloon, 4910 S. Flores St., 6-7 p.m.
- McFinnigan’s Pub, 7210 Blanco Road, 7-8 p.m.
On Friday, February 25, he will post on:
- Stone Oak of Little Woodrow, 606 W. Afton Oaks Blvd., 4-5 p.m.
- Angry Elephant, 19314 US Highway 281 #107, 5 – 6 p.m.
- Pockets, 5819 Loop 410, 6-7 p.m.
- Wurzbach Cooler, 10141 Wurzbach Road, 7-8 p.m.
It looks like a tight schedule, so we don’t know exactly how long Aikman will spend at each location before rushing to the next one. We’re guessing bars will keep pouring pints of Eight if the former cowboy comes out a little early.
So many restaurants, so little time. Get the latest San Antonio restaurant news with our Flavor Friday newsletter.