Editor’s Note: A lot has happened this week, so here is your chance to catch up. Read on for the most popular headlines of the week.
1. Gas Monkey Bar & Grill in Dallas is changing its name, farewell Richard Rawlings. The restaurant and live music spot formerly known as Gas Monkey Bar & Grill in Northwest Dallas is changing its name. New name: Amplified, and former co-founder Richard Rawlings is no longer involved.
2. Dallas Cowboys Emmitt Smith sells his $ 2.2 million mansion with a special benefit. Have you dreamed of having dinner with Dallas Cowboys legend Emmitt Smith? You can make that dream come true – to the tune of $ 2.2 million.
3. Macy’s opens a small boutique in one of the newly popular suburbs of Dallas. The Macy’s department store chain continues its heroic comeback with numerous stores across Dallas-Fort Worth and that includes a store they are opening in a newly bustling neighborhood.
4. The Dallas-Fort Worth billionaire and his family rule as the richest clan in the world. A new tally of the world’s richest families includes a name well known in Dallas-Fort Worth: the Walton family, including Fort Worth billionaire Alice Walton. According to a report released in 2021 by Bloomberg, the Waltons hold the crown as the richest family in the world.
5. The chef takes soft-serve to gourmet heights at the new ice cream shop in McKinney. There is gourmet soft-serve in the works for Dallas with the arrival of Miruku Creamery, a new ice cream store opening in McKinney at 207 N. Kentucky St.