Check out new businesses and restaurants now open or coming soon in the Round Rock, Pflugerville and Hutto area. (Brooke Sjoberg, Amy Bryant/Community Impact Journal)
Do you want to discover new restaurants and businesses in your area? Shop for Afro-Tropical and Caribbean drinks at a new specialty grocery store in Round Rock, try on boutique clothing at a new combo business on East Main Street, and eat at a new Chipotle Mexican Grill in Hutto. Also find out what new restaurants and cafes will be opening near you in the coming months.
1. Mama Hono Tropical Spices, Foods & Beverages opened in Round Rock in mid-January at 1201 S. I-35, Ste. 306, Round rock. The specialty grocery store offers Afro-tropical and Caribbean beverages as well as beauty items, meat, seafood, and produce typical of these regions. 512-394-6225. www.mamahono.com
2. Haute Boutique and Mercantile on Main held a grand reopening under one roof at 503 E. Main St., Round Rock on February 12. Both businesses are owned by Amy Kerley and offer Round Rock clothing, homeware and town-branded items. 512-716-0800. www.hautellc.com
3. Mma Dima Africa Boutique opened February 12 at 401 W. Pecan St., Ste. 2B, Pflugerville. The shop exists to promote small businesses in Africa. Co-owner Unyime Udosen said she and her partner, Uwakima Umonah, source items including handbags, clothing, fabrics and accessories from Africa. 512-736-8357. www.u4udesigns.com
4. A new behavioral innovation clinic opened February 1 at 701 FM 685, Ste. 420 Pflugerville. Autism Treatment Center uses applied behavior analysis to work with children on the autism spectrum to teach new skills, improve performance in skills already learned, and reduce unwanted behaviors and difficult. 855-782-7822. www.behavioral-innovations.com
5. A new Chipotle Mexican Grill opened Feb. 9 at 326 Ed Schmidt Blvd., Ste. 100, Huto. Known for its build-your-own burritos, bowls, tacos and salads, Chipotle is the first restaurant to open as part of an expansion to Hanson’s Corner mall. In the coming months, several more restaurants, including Taco Casa and Mighty Fine Burgers, Fries & Shakes, will join Chipotle. 737-259-2011. www.chipotle.com
6. A new brewery called Prost Alehouse is coming to Pflugerville in late spring or early summer. Located in downtown Pflugerville at 115 E Main St., Prost Alehouse will feature a rotating selection of home-brewed craft beers as well as guest beers and wines. The location will include a terrace, a bar and a biergarten suitable for families and pets. https://prostalehouse.com
7. An as-yet-unnamed Mexican restaurant will come to the Hutto Co-op District, joining Southside Market and Top Notch Hamburgers. The restaurant’s new owner is Jaime Fernandez, who also owns Jalisco’s Restaurant & Bar in Austin and Buda as well as Tequila Bar & Grill in Round Rock. The restaurant will offer authentic, artisanal Mexican cuisine with live music, an outdoor patio and a bar, according to the statement. It should open at the end of 2022 and employ 40 to 60 people.
8. The second Round Rock Dutch Bros Coffee location at 3589 N. I-35 is scheduled to open March 4, according to a company representative and the Dutch Bros. website. The Oregon-based coffee chain opened its first Round Rock location in September. dutchbros.com
9. A Tesla service center should be operational in Round Rock by March, according to city staff. Located at 3500 Wadley Place, the facility is expected to facilitate the sale and service of Tesla vehicles. Tesla representatives did not respond to request for comment on the facility, but a Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation filing says the estimated renovation cost for the 40,344-square-foot facility was $1,026,000. $. www.tesla.com
10. A mid-March opening is scheduled for Bar Louie under construction alongside the Embassy Suites by Hilton at 270 Bass Pro Drive, Round Rock, according to a company representative. The gastropub menu includes burgers, pasta, seafood, cocktails and beer. The first Bar Louie was opened in Addison, Texas in 1990. Several locations were closed when the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in January 2020 to strengthen its financial position. www.barlouie.com