Editor’s note: Time to recap the main stories on CultureMap from the past week.
1. Killen’s Barbecue opens new restaurant in familiar Cypress space. In an exclusive interview with CultureMap, chef Ronnie Killen reveals his plans to serve barbecue at lunch and offer a more elevated steakhouse experience at dinner.
2. The nationally acclaimed gourmet restaurant Montrose is on the cover of Food & Wine magazine. The long cover includes interviews with the restaurant’s partners as well as recipes and wine pairing suggestions.
3. Ken Hoffman’s safety tips for Houston women because they’re the new trending targets. It’s probably impossible to completely eliminate the risk of being attacked, but our columnist has some tips for minimizing losses.
4. Austin’s favorite burrito joint opens its second Houston-area location. This is the first of three new restaurants coming to the former James Coney Islands.
5. Award-winning Heights restaurateur’s new seafood destination flocks to Spring Branch. The new restaurant aims to serve its neighborhood with a family atmosphere and affordable prices.