Editor’s note: A lot has happened this week, so here’s your chance to catch up. Read on for the hottest titles of the week. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find this list here.
1. The Buzzy Rooftop Cinema Club is coming to downtown Fort Worth to offer movies with a view. A new kind of cinematic experience will come to Fort Worth this fall when the Rooftop Cinema Club opens on the outdoor terrace of The Worthington Renaissance hotel on Tuesday, October 4.
2. A prominent home on the River Crest Country Club opens for sale of museum-quality antiques. A century-old home across from the first hole at Fort Worth’s River Crest Country Club opens its doors to the public, and behind the doors is a treasure trove of rare antiques being sold in an estate sale, Sept. 1-3.
3. Fort Worth chef Tim Love unplugs his 3 Houston restaurants. Fort Worth Chief Tim Love bid farewell to Bayou City. The celebrity chef closed the three restaurants he operated in Houston, two of which were spinoffs from Fort Worth staples.
4. 8 Dallas-Fort Worth cities rank among Texas’ top magnets for movers in 2022. Dallas-Fort Worth leads the state’s major metropolitan areas in popularity as a moving destination, according to a new report. Eight DFW cities rank in the top 20 of moveBuddha’s new list of cities in Texas where the share of people looking to move in outweighs the share of people looking to move out.
5. 1883 star Faith Hill will receive a prestigious award from the Cowgirl Hall of Fame in Fort Worth. Country superstar and actress Faith Hill will receive the Patsy Montana Award at the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame’s 46th Annual Induction Luncheon and Ceremony Nov. 15 at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth.